Friday, April 01, 2005

Reality Check

The Boyfriend was blustering on the phone. Yes, I'm still waiting for the money. It seems that the latest hold up is with the transfer of my half of the marital home.

Oddly enough, the mortgage company is a little unhappy about swapping a fit, healthy 33 year-old in a well-paid job for a blind, 54 year-old teacher, prone to bouts of taking sick leave for months at a time. In the cold light of day, I suspect The Ex feels the same way (in fact, I know The Ex feels the same way.)

For some inexplicable reason, The Boyfriend decided to unload:

"Yes, this whole thing is really driving a wedge between me and (insert name of The Ex here)"
"Uh huh?"
"Its awful, I'm trying to talk on the phone to the mortgage people and she's yelling at me because I won't shout at them"
"Mmm?"
"She gets so angry all the time. Its really wearing me down..."

Looks like the honeymoon is over. Allow me a quiet "heh" to myself.