Monday, March 21, 2005

Look At The Pretty Waitress

Another example of the Short Circuit phenomenon.

The Ex and I remain on good terms (although I've just about worn my teeth away through excessive gritting.) So much so that I called in a favour and got a lift back to my house having inadvertantly stranded myself through my own stupidity.

As she drove, she was babbling away about what she and The Boyfriend get up to when I take First-Born away for the weekend.

Get your minds out of the gutter. I gather they don't really have much in the way of, er, that sort of relationship any more (much to The Ex's increasingly obvious annoyance.)

She: "Oh yes, I'm showing him around Sussex - he hasn't lived here long"
Me: "*showing* him around?"
She: "Yes, we went to Ditchling last weekend, and saw Chailey the week before. Lots of pretty villages."

(pause)

Me: "The guy is blind. Why not save some fuel by simply sitting him the car and making 'vroom' noises, take him back into the house and pretend its a picturesque Olde Englishe Tea Shoppe? He's not going to know the difference..."

Oops. Shouldn't have said that. See what I mean about short circuits?