Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Two Step Plan

The way to win my heart:

1. Make me a nice meal (satisfies the 'I care enough about you to invest time and effort in preparation' requirement)
2. Incredible sex (satisfies... well, just satisfies really.)

Ah yes, 2005 will go down as a great birthday.

So, to answer Miss Issue's questions (which coincidentally appeared at around the same time as visitor 20,000 - I hadn't planned to do the whole "Ask Newly" thing again, but since they're here...)

1. I know you've been thinking lately of a career change. If money and location were no object, what's the one job you'd love to have?

Oh thats easy. George Bush. Imagine the fun you could have being head of the scariest army on earth. Someone annoys you? Bam! Need a holiday retreat in the sun? Invade some island in the Carribean on the slimmest of pretexts ("They looked at me funny"). Want some good skiing? Annex Switzerland. I'd take out France at the same time. Just because.

(Serious answer: I'd like to be a travel writer. I'd really like Michael Palin's job.)

2. Do you ever want to have more children?

Personally, no. I would have to meet a very special person to make me change my mind. Vague and contradictory enough for ya?

3. If you could spend a day with one person, dead or alive, who would it be?

Just the one person? It would have to be Michael Palin. He's a personal hero of mine. From Monty Python to travelling around the world in 80 days, I think there'd be enough to talk about and he'd make me laugh. And I want to know how he's managed to be so successful and yet remain a decent human being. I'd like to apply the lessons learned to my own life.

4. What's your favorite book of all time? Why?

The second book of AA Milne's poems for children (can't remember the name off the top of my head; possibly 'Now We Are Six'. Funny how I know most of the poems off by heart but can't remember the book title.) My mother use to read them to me, and now I read them to First-Born. They're very special to me.

5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Who is this 'Charles Wood' person? Should I know him?