Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Good News / Bad News

From the department of "The Feeling You Get When You See Tony Blair Driving Off A Cliff In Your New Car"

I got a call tonight.

The Ex and The Boyfriend set off for their belated honeymoon today. I have First-Born for the week and was scheduled to drop her off on Saturday when they return. Unfortunately, it appears that The Boyfriend has come down with a nasty case of food poisoning and so they're going to be delayed (I imagine that being blind, he was unable to see the stuff The Ex serves up and therefore failed to discreetly dispose of it.)

This means I get FB for an extra day, which is great - it'll doubtless mean we get to try all three of the local theme parks rather than just the two I'd planned. The fact that its coupled with a spoiled holiday ('explosively' spoiled, I gather) for The Ex gives me the altruistic pleasure of doing stuff with FB along with the guilty delight in another's misfortune.

So why the title to this entry?

I'd planned to see The Lovely B on Sunday. FB is my top priority and extra FB days are a bonus, but I'm disappointed to have to cancel The Lovely B. And I feel guilty that I feel disappointed.

How's that for mixed emotions?