Monday, May 30, 2005

I Wish I Was In Vancouver

The Canadians (well, those in the Vancouver area at least) are an altruistic bunch. During my stay I was able to totter around the city and find myself a free WiFi accesspoint at will. Judging by the names, it would be a private one. Configured by a citizen who I preferred to think of as charitable rather than lacking in basic security competence.

The town in which I live is sadly less than connected. Indeed, I have a feeling that most of its denizens would respond "the radio, old boy" when questioned on the meaning of "wireless". This is the place that originated the quote "Sex is what the man uses to carry the coal".

And so it is that I'm lacking a connection. The ADSL was turned off at 10:30pm on May 16th and will not return until well into June. Not that I'm counting down the days or anything...

I went to a party yesterday thrown by a friend emigrating to Vancouver next week. I wish I was going too.