Friday, November 19, 2004

Dinner with Dad

Remember the bastard-with-the-book story? My father has a better one. He was queuing at the check-in desk. The guy in front was attempting to check himself and his family onto the flight with an open-ended ticket. He hadn't forewarned the airline and so naturally the plane was full. Cue cursing at the attendant and a blue tinge to the air.

Then it was my father's turn. He had a proper ticket, but there was still no space. Our foul-mouthed protagonist turned and said "So you're stuck in this (insert expletive)ing airport too then"

"Oh no, sir" said the attendant, "*You* will be stuck in this (insert expletive) airport. *This* gentleman will be upgraded to First-Class"

I love that story.

And Another Drink is right. I should never have become friends. Can't do it. I'll stick to shallowness for a few more years; I'm getting quite good at it.