Saturday, November 06, 2004

Up In Smoke

Today marks the start of another adventure. In fact, its going to be a busy few weeks in terms of adventures. Flying to Amsterdam today, Menorca on Friday and then Barcelona again at the start of December.

Why?

Well, I guess because I can.

To this end I purchased some proper luggage, one of those irritating suitcases that just squeeze into the maximum cabin limit (the public reason is because I need something lightweight, with wheels and a handle because of my back, the private reason is because I like annoying my fellow passengers.)

A very helpful shop assistant took me through the options this morning, but I was distracted from the sales spiel by her attire. Now, I'm aware of the current fashion where women wear trousers that flirt dangerously with their hips, resulting in wobbly flesh hanging over the beltline and a good view of their underwear.

My position on this fashion is neutral. Like all fads, it can look very, very good or go disasterously wrong.

However, the shop assistant took it one step further. With every suitcase she bent to pick up I was treated a good two or three inches of arse-crack. It was like watching a road accident; I couldn't tear my eyes away.

In the end I bought the most expensive suitcase in the fervent hope that the poor women would be able to use her commission to buy some underwear from the Marks & Spencer store next door. In this weather she'll catch herself a chill.

Time to catch a plane.