Monday, November 08, 2004

Yonder Be There Bad Things



The day isn't the only thing thats grey. There are some big chunks of memory equally misty.

I'm going to have to add a new descriptive level to my lexicon of altered states.

The new word is 'spannered'

I munched on a cheese toastie (or tosti, as the Dutch insist on calling it) and when the improv jazz had finished headed off into the afternoon to explore. Too much beer, and way, way too many coffee shops later I returned to the hotel for a nap. And then everything goes very hazy. I can't really remember making the post below and judging by my attire this morning must have gone out again at some point.

An audit of possessions was hurriedly done - all present and correct, so whatever I did didn't actually cost anything (which rules out 2 of things for which this place is famous.) I did have one extra item that hadn't been there before; a napkin with an imprint of lips on it, a name and a phone number.

What to do? I can only wait until the mist starts to clear and see if the memory is one at which I'll be biting my knuckles in horror (like the whole Jubilee line incident in London back in 2000) or one that will mean I can cheerily cross some more things off The List Of Things To Do Before I Die.