Wednesday, December 01, 2004

24 Shopping Days To Go

And I'm nauseatingly organised. Seriously. I've almost finished writing christmas cards, and last night I did the last of the gift wrapping.

I have also decided to turn my flat into the most gaudy example of christmas consumerism there is. There will be tinsel. There will be glittery things. There will be fairy lights.

I shall, of course, justify this on the pretext of First-Born, but in reality it will all be for ME. I may even hum a happy christmas tune to myself (although not the ones I used last week to distract myself from being prodded in sensitive areas. Obviously.)

There is, as mentioned before, the gap where the advent calendar should be. I speculated what other religions do for an advent calendar. Do Muslims have something similar for Ramadan? Maybe a month of little empty envelopes and then one at the end containing a bloody big bar of chocolate? It could be recycled for when the Christians to the Lent thing prior to the great chocolate blow-out of Easter.

And yea, Religion shall speak unto Religion through the medium of chocolate.

I *like* the sound of that.