Thursday, December 30, 2004

And Another Thing

Before the Bear and I head out to get our bearings (or, more accurately, work out where to go for a beer tonight that doesn't involve a country and western theme) there's one more observation I want to make about Vancouver.

I don't usually have much call to purchase groceries while on holiday (I tend to seek out dingy bars and make use of the sandwiches available therein - either for consumption or to patch a hole in my shoe) - but I was in need of some toothpaste and mouthwash (my own products having exploded while in the tender care of the baggage handlers. Still, at least my underwear is now minty-fresh.) While perusing the shelves of Safeway I was struck by the hugeness of the bottles of Listerine. I mean, is it something to do with all the Sushi that's sold in Vancouver that such enormous bottles of breath freshener are needed?

I guess thats why we Brits are notorious for our bad teeth... small bottles of Listerine. Nothing to do with the British Government making it nearasdammit to find a NHS dentist with space on his list. (That was a political comment for those who are interested.)