Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Purgatory



"This must be what Death will be like" were the words going through my head as the instructor continued his monotone drone on the importance of document matrices, electronic signatures and link tables.

I didn't take any notes. I just doodled. Thats the image above. The amateur psychologists among you can analyse this and speculate as to its meaning. Maybe its hinting at a deeper psychosis. Perhaps there are traces of my worries over First-Born. Possibly there's a clue to subconscious sexual deviancy.

Or maybe it just shows that I was really, really bored.

I know which I think it is.

I've got to find something else to do with my life. Don't get me wrong - the pay is good, my colleagues are all good blokes and I have a really great boss. But this is no way to spend the next 30 years. Alternatives I've come up with thus far:

Run a ski chalet
----------------
Pros: Well, duh - skiing of course
Cons: Having to deal with The Great Unwashed

Run a bar
---------
Pros: All the beer I can drink
Cons: All the beer I can drink

Enter politics
--------------
Pros: I get to take out my anger on the population by coming up with petty laws and invading small countries on the pretext that their leader's moustache 'looks a bit funny'
Cons: Having to meet other politicians and not punch them

Enter journalism
----------------
See 'Run a bar'

Buy a VW Camper and see how far I get
-------------------------------------
Pros: Get to see world
Cons: Probably have to go through Birmingham at some point

Become an astronaut
-------------------
Pros: "All the girls love an astronaut"
Cons: Three words: Faecal Containment System

Any more?