Friday, December 31, 2004

A Thought On New Years Eve

I go now to do myself serious injury - the conditions are looking good today and the sky is clear. Hopefully that'll mean the helicopter will have no problems finding my prone form in the snow.

I have no idea what is going to happen tonight; the options range from nothing at all to serious abuse of my body in one way or another. So this could be the last post of the year.

The whole Canada/US thing is a puzzle to me. The people are generally pretty similar to an outsider - generous, friendly and all-round nice. And yet one country has a liberal, outward-looking stance while the other seems to be descending into introverted paranoia. The border seems to be a mirror for both sides. Its an enigma that I shall think about while waiting for the ambulance.

Time to face snowy destiny.