Friday, February 25, 2005

My Life Has Meaning

I am a champion.

The boss and I camped out at the increasingly inaccurately named World Famous Damon's Bar And Grill (thus far I've yet to find anyone in the world outside of the US who has heard of it. I know they're there though.)

We picked up some quiz keyboards. In the UK we have pub quizzes, where the pub landlord will read out questions, and those participating write answers on a piece of paper to be scored by another team. The US have gone beyond that and provide comfortably rounded lumps of plastic with colourful keyboards. Something to do with avoidance of sharp objects (like pencils) I suspect.

Determined to strike a blow for Europe after struggling to make the barman understand what we were saying (come on guys, we understand the American accent. Is the British accent really that hard?) we prepared ourselves...

...and...

...I won! Tragically sad and pathetic though it may seem, my life now has new meaning. Go to Damon's Bar And Grill in Allentown, and you may yet still see "Rich" on the high score table.

Time, I think, for bed.