Wednesday, February 09, 2005

What Kind Of A To Z Got Me Here?

Less than one week to go now, and The Ex will truly be out of my hair. This time next week she'll be Mrs The Boyfriend, and in the eyes of the law she'll no longer be my problem.

So why am I feeling a little uncomfortable at the moment? A couple of reasons; firstly she keeps referring to First-Born as 'our' (as her and The Boyfriend's) daughter. Secondly, I understand that there are moves afoot to change First-Born's surname.

I can't articulate my feelings about these two things. The former makes me angry, the latter leaves me queasy. Not even the knowledge of the impending nuptials can offset it.

Tomorrow night is a First-Born night. I'm going to have to try and ask some carefully phrased questions in order to get to the bottom of the affair. And no, I don't think "What is that crazy bitch up to now?" is going to be appropriate, tempting though it may be...