Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Oh No I'm Not

An intriguing conversation with The Boss.

After I finished, he sat back and steepled his fingers. "You know what I think?" he said, clearly about to tell me regardless of whether I guessed his thoughts or not, "I think you're clinically depressed. I also think you need to learn to forgive The Ex. The former you need to see someone about. The latter is something you've got to work through yourself. In the meantime, no. I'm not accepting your resignation."

It may have been he was still shaken by my driving to the pub. More than once he had asked me "This isn't going to be an 'I'm suicidal' conversation, is it?" My response of "No, I was only a little bit suicidal last night when I wondered how much it would hurt to drive into the that tree over there. Then I thought about FB" was perhaps not the reassurance he was looking for.

So, I'm still gainfully employed. And I've now got a length of rope with which I've got to decide to either haul myself out of this pit or go ahead and hang myself. I'm also aware that I'm very lucky to work for the guy I do.

I'll be funny again tomorrow. I promise. Well, aside from an Animal Rights rant that I feel coming on (and not from the angle you'd expect, bearing in mind my liberal leanings...)