Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Actually, there was a bit of news. First-born stayed over last night. It was great; you see, one thing I always did was 'the bedtime routine' which entailed marching the child upstairs, creating absurd shapes with crazy soap in the bath and putting said child to bed. I'd then spend half an hour reading a story (replete with a variety of Pythonesque voices - first-born happened by when I was watching Life Of Brian and pointed at Terry Jones in drag saying "He sounds like you!" Thankfully, the comparison was only aural.)

I really miss doing that. I wander about my Dad's house like a lost soul from 7:30 in the evening for an hour or so since its been 7 years since I've regularly had that time free. Wierd.

So now I spend the time learning to make cocktails.

But last night, first-born was round, so we had a selection of A A Milne short poems (we like this one best at the moment) followed by Horrid Henry's Underpants. Don't ask.

Happiness was Newly shaped.