Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Today is the April 21st. It was a month ago today that I discovered that I'd joined the massed ranks of the dumped.

Heck, we make a veritable army. Admittedly, one that spends much of its time sitting around, examining it's collective navel and whining.

So, what has been accomplished?

1) I've packed my life into 4 cardboard boxes
2) I have my own bank account
3) I've found an apartment I really, really like, but can't afford to buy
4) I've skimmed a stone over the fetid porridge that is the English legal system
5) I've drunk a lot of beer and too much tequila

I never knew such a thing existed - I mean, is 'too much tequila' actually possible? Or is it like Cold Fusion - something that researchers can only dream about discovering before waking up and reaching for the box of tissues.

A bad day yesterday. There was much tears and snot from first-born when I headed back to my little room last night. I think the whole situation is finally becoming real: "No, this isn't a business trip..."