Wednesday, April 28, 2004

This is terrible.

My mood is now almost entirely governed by something so tedious as an item of property.

You see, I'm trying to buy myself an apartment (we Brits don't like renting; we like to buy and saddle ourselves with an enormous pile of debt that we generally pay off just before we die. Go figure.)

Its obviously too expensive with too many toys. So the purchase falling through would be for the best.

However, when it looks like its going to fall through I sink into a mood blacker than normal, and when its all going well I'm like a ray of sunshine.

(cue Monty Python: "Your majesty is like a stream of bat's urine, a shaft of golden light when all around is dark")

I hate having my mood decided by this sort of thing, and hate myself for allowing it to be. Its all so materialistic.

Gaaaah!