Saturday, April 17, 2004

Things are moving on apace.

Sort of.

I've pretty much moved out now, and The Boyfriend has moved in. Ok, I know that wasn't the original plan, but having to spend time in the house after he's started moving his gear in proved more than I could handle. It was the little things, like his toothbrush being in the bathroom.

So, I'm staying in a little room with 3 cardboard boxes, and an old holdall for company. The little room is kindly provided by my father and aunt (yes, you read that correctly) who are keeping me in beer and oranges (my two favourite things.)

Amicability is the name of the game. It may be odd right now for first-born, but it would be a heck of a lot odder if there were regular shouting matches.

The next step is for The Boyfriend to sell his house, give me the cash, and I then can purchase my apartment (replete with the tools needed for a life of debauchery) At present, an offer on the house has been made, which he's accepted. So we seem to be off.

I also (finally) heard from my lawyers - the cobweb-encrusted wheels of British justice seem to be turning. The petition appeared yesterday.

Oh such fun.

On a more positive note, I'm going to try my hand at rock-climbing (its payback for a friend who has suggested a night-out cavorting about the town on condition that I get to the top of The Wall. Whatever The Wall may be.)

And tomorrow I go skiing. Indoors. We don't get a lot of snow in England, so there are a couple of indoor ski centres; like being in a giant refridgerator. If anyone is feeling a bit down, and needs an uplift, I'm told the spectacle of me attempting to ski is not to be missed...