Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The Enigma Part 2

So Canadians and US citizens. The similarities continued.

You guys also have terrible, terrible television. I really don't understand this. The US certainly is one of the most demanding nations on earth and I've witnessed the impressive method of ordering a sandwich and coffee in coffee-shops. Where I might say "A black coffee and a cheese sandwich, please" the transatlantic version takes twice as long to say, with well over 1000 possible permutations.

So, I've ascertained that you guys aren't afraid to ask for what you want (unlike we Brits who tend to regard waiters with the fear and awe deserving of one who has the power to spit in your food) so why the bad, bad TV? The first time the television was turned on in my room was while my guests were recovering from the excess of new years eve. Aside from the ice hockey (which I have to confess to rather enjoying on first viewing) and a lottery advert spoofing the Dukes Of Hazzard called The Dukes Of Windsor (make that show!) there were literally 50 channels of crap to choose from.

Why do you guys put up with it? And why do Canadians put up with so much US TV?

It is, like I said, an Enigma.

I'm taking the bear up to look at the mountain now, and to give the servers at the roundhouse a hard stare.