Friday, January 14, 2005

Oh Heck

Its happened.

The Ex and The Boyfriend have paid up. Ok, its six months late. Ok, its three quarters of what it should be. But sometime next week I'll be getting a call from my bank complaining about a suspicious transaction and hearing some dark comments about money laundering.

Of course, this means I actually have to start making some sort of decision about what I'm going to do with it. Of course, while it may seem a huge amount (to me anyway) in the UK it would barely buy a 1 bedroom mobile home in the area where I live (near First-Born) so being rational would lumber with a huge mortgage.

So. Pop quiz. You have, er, enough to buy a top-spec Porsche or a nearly new Ferrari. But you're living in a tiny flat behind a shop. What do you actually do with it?

(My original plan for tomorrow, car shopping, is now on hold due to the fact that I might do something very, very silly...)