Friday, January 07, 2005

Time Passes So Slowly...

Having been thrown out of the Cathay Pacific lounge, with its free internet and, most importantly, free beer and odd Japanese wines, I staggered back to join The Public.

I stepped on something sticky. I raised my foot and beneath me stared Bullwinkle the moose, encased in sugar. A nearby kid tugged my leg: "You trod on my lolly!"
"It was on the floor" I protested.
"But is was miiiiiiinnnnnneee!" the open pink mouth began to scream.
I crouched down: "Kid. I'm real sorry about the candy. Don't draw attention to me I'm... on a mission."
"A mission?"
"A mission. I'm with the British. Can't talk about it, do you understand?"
"Oh wow. Like James Bond?"
"Ssssh... here's some money for another lolly. You... never... saw... me... ok?"

I didn't have the heart to tell him that my 'mission' was a cocktail in each bar in a continuing circuit until boarding. Still, thanks to me at least one child has been stopped screaming although he'd have some interesting stories for his parents.

Back to circuit training. Ho hum. Weird airport this.