Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Would You?

Oh this internet dating thing is fun. I've only had the one so far this year, but have a lot more coming up. I wonder how many metaphorical frogs I'll have to kiss?

With luck, lots.

I've been loathe to write about my dating exploits (with the exception of extreme cases such as the circumcision lady.) Going into detail seemed a little disloyal to the people concerned - how would you feel if you came across a journal and recognised yourself in it?

But then again, this is my diary. And I really want to record this for posterity. And (aside from The Ex) I'm generally pretty charitable.

So here's a snippet from a message from someone suggesting a meeting. Copied and pasted directly:

"if we dont fancy each other we be honest and if we do fancy each other i will be expecting sex"

Somebody said to me recently that women who aren't afraid to say what they want frighten men. Now I know what she meant. (And I'm not talking about the typing)