Friday, January 21, 2005

Ice, Ice Baby

2005/2006 New Year is now in the throes of planning. I had originally thought of Australia; spending new year trying, and failing, to learn how to surf seemed a great idea.

But yesterday I had a better idea.

This year, I shall attempt to spend New Years Eve in the Ice Hotel

It seems a noble, if slightly surreal mission. Although Bondage Bear isn't really dressed for it.

And I've been wanting to show First-Born what snow looks like for years.

Hiding in New York is also off the radar - yesterday a friend called to find out if I was interested in skiing in the first weekend on February. I thought about it for roughly a tenth of a second before saying "Yes", this means there'll be a comparison of Whistler and France in a couple of weeks. The Bear is excited too.

So instead of the US, I plan to spend the 3 days in Amsterdam where I'll be unable to answer the phone for, er, a variety of good reasons.