Saturday, July 17, 2004

And Then Depression Set In

I made the phone call to the builders today.  On Monday I have to go in and sign the cancellation forms and collect my deposit.  Unless something really unexpected happens between now and then.
 
First-born also goes off to Italy for two-and-a-bit weeks on Tuesday.   So yesterday was the last time I'll see her for the best part of three weeks.
 
And to cap it all off, I've made a rather foolish bet with a friend about not drinking beer for a month starting from Monday.  Best get back into practising my cocktail making...
 
Yeah.  I'm glum today.
 
Positive things:
 
* I'm going out tonight.  Going to see a film (hopefully not as heart-stoppingly dreadful as Van Helsing) and then go to something called a nightclub.  I'll be dusting off my rusty flirting skills...
 
* Today is the second to last Saturday of my marriage.  Not sure if thats a good or bad thing at the moment.
 
* I can still drink beer today and tomorrow, so I'd best make sure the tanks are topped up.  And then get some champagne in because...
 
* ...I have the house to myself next week.  I intend to carouse around it, stark naked, quaffing champagne from the bottle.  With luck, the Newly Show will give the old lady across the road who spends her days staring at the house a treat.  Or a stroke.  One of the two.