Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Screenplaying



First-born has an interesting approach to the inevitable long queues in this place. She reads and shuffles along. I then get a chance to chat to women who say "Oh, isn't she just adorable?" I'm still struggling with the bit between that and "Would you like to sleep with me?" Give me time, I'll work it out in the end.

Based on this experience, I'm going to write a short story, or maybe a play. I'm going to call it "Big Thunder Jones" It'll be a black comedy about a guy called "Big Thunder Jones" who grows up in the Welsh valleys convinced he's of Native American descent and goes off in search of his ancestors. Fish-out-of-water type hilarity ensues until he finds his true parents and discovers that his name come from his place of conception; the queue for Big Thunder Mountain at EuroDisney. You'd be amazed how dull these queues can be...

He then goes home and lives happily ever after.

Reckon Adam Sandler would be interested?