Monday, July 12, 2004

You Want Me To Eat What?

We eat in the hotel restaurants. For three reasons:

Firstly, the Disney characters wander around the tables, signing autographs and posing for photographs. I have a 7 year-old daughter who'd sulk for several decades if she failed to get Mickey's signature.

Secondly, I'm going for the 'money no object' route. One benefit of the apartment falling through is that I get a few more mortgage-free months. So I'm gonna spend it. Yay!

Thirdly, the food is actually pretty good! Compared to the slop served up in the park itself, the places in the hotel are really good.

However, First-born refused to eat anything. She's approaching vegetarianism from an interesting angle. Having visited a farm with the school, she announced that eating animals was wrong. However, she hasn't worked out where fish-fingers come from (one could argue that she's ok there; I doubt fish are involved in the manufacturing process, aside from waving an old bit of haddock over the boxes.)

The reason why she refused was to do with the smiley-face potato shapes that appeared on her children's meal.

"What's wrong?" I asked, "There's no meat - just cheese, pasta and potatoes"
"I couldn't possibly eat that" she sniffed, "I don't do anthropomorphic food"

I had to look up the word later on the web to make sure it meant what I thought it went.

When we get home, I'm hiding the dictionary. Its not healthy bedtime reading.