Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Tweedledum And Tweedledee



Yeah, I'm glad I don't have to wear a suit and tie. In fact, the whole suit/tie thing weighs heavily in my job choice at interview.

These chaps were walking in step on the station, chuntering into their mobile phones, but not to each other.

Observation of today:

The Big Boss was in a telecon with we mere mortals today, and he plugged in his laptop (a slimline silvery number) to charge. After a while, rather than bleep or flash a light, it spoke "Your battery has now been charged" in a very sexy female voice. Possibly west coast.

I mean, it was an inanimate object, but it had such a nice voice. For the next half hour I imagined the owner of that voice tying me to a chair and reading some of Keats' poetry to me. Sigh....

I love accents. I don't really have one - I'm told its a little Estuary, but mainly nothingness. The curse of a father in the royal air force and spending much of one's formative years in a different country every 6 months. But I think an accent is very attractive - there's something of the unknown about it...