Thursday, July 29, 2004

Haircut 100

Weren't the 80s great? Hands up all those who remember Nick Heyward?

Another week and another haircut. Because this is THE weekend. As of tomorrow lunchtime I will genuinely be Newly Single (as opposed to the current Almost Newly Single.)

And yeah, I have a date tomorrow. And again on Saturday. And the hairdresser is wondering if I'd like to go see a film on Sunday night. Gotta love a woman who says "I'd prefer Spiderman 2 or Shrek 2. Go for Shrek, and I'll buy the beers"

If the journal entries aren't so prolific over the weekend. Well. You'll know the reason why. I believe the Americans have a system that works on 'bases' a-la baseball to indicate how the date went. I don't understand baseball (I went to a game once - couldn't work out what was going on, but loved the atmosphere.)

Since we in England have an equally long, dull and incomprehensible game in the form of cricket, maybe some cricket terms could be used to indicate the result of the date. Here's a list. Suggestions as to their meanings are welcome.

"Maiden Over"
"Sticky Wicket"
"Bowled A Googly"
"Out For A Duck"
"Leg Glance"
"Full Toss"

Sage advice from my father after the hairdresser left:

"Son, she's a family friend. Don't crap on your own doorstep"

And regarding life after tomorrow:

"Never tell them your real name"

Thanks, Dad.