Friday, July 23, 2004

Cruelty To Animals

Aside from the amount of road-kill under my tyres, and my antipathy to elderly and incontinent cats, I like to think I'm fairly mellow about the other, non-human, inhabitants of this planet.

Those that inhabit England, at least.

But I hate wasps.  They seem to be a pointless creature.  Someone explain to me the reason for wasps?  (aside from being generally evil.)

During a particularly liquid lunch today, I demonstrated my knack for capturing the little so and sos in a beer glass and drowning them in the dregs (well, at least they die happy.) 

A friend demonstrated his method: letting them land on his hand and flicking them at walls. 

I was suitably impressed.

Tonight will be a good night.  A large crowd of boys and girls, a curry, and a game of Spoof.  Life doesn't get better.  I  may do a drunken update at around 12...