Sunday, August 15, 2004

Attention, Please

Important Messages:

For the lead guitarist in the band I saw at the Blues Bar. A 10 minute guitar solo in every song gets tedious after a while. And while I respect and admire your proficiency on the fretboard, please stop. Now.

For every guy in the bar who came in with a nice girl. Please pay attention to your girlfriend. Leaving her sitting alone while you go and talk to your friends is bad. Don't be surprised if you return to find her in conversation with me.

For the bar. Stop selling beer in 4 pint jugs. It only encourages foolish bets along the lines of:

"I bet you can't drink all that from the jug"
"I bet I can"
"10p says you can't"
"Right, you're on!"

For the pilot on my EasyJet flight back from Prague. Coming on the intercom and saying "Er, ladies and gentlemen, we should be hitting the runway at 8:15" is bad. I never want to hear the word "hit" linked with the ground in any aircraft situation.

Thank you for your attention.