Sunday, August 01, 2004

Absinthe Makes The Heart Grow Fonder



I have an absinthe shaped hole in my memory.

Yesterday was a fun day. Saw a film. Had some really good Italian food. Pottered around and complained about the heat. Opted for a night in with some DVDs. Wielded the credit card and collected some champagne on the way back.

It was all going well. 3 bottles of chilled champange were drunk. Strawberries were eaten. And then... from the depths of the freezer... came the bottle of green stuff.

This can be kept in the freezer, owing to the fact it is 70% alcohol.

The next thing I knew it was morning. Evidence suggested something happened but no matter how much I poked at the bit of my brain where the memory should have been, nothing was forthcoming.

And its not the sort of question one likes to ask:

"Er, about last night..."
"Yes?"
"Did we, er, you know...?"
"Did we what?"
"Well, you know"
"You mean I gave you all a woman can, and you can't remember! It meant so little?"
"Er, no, it just that-"
"You men! You're all the same! Bastards the lot of you! Mother was right!"

So I opted for frying up some bacon and eggs instead.

We have another date at the end of the month. Before that, there's the waitress and I still have some thinking to do on the subject of the hairdresser.

Life has suddenly got a lot more interesting.