Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Bed And Breakfast Paradiso




I have to admit, my heart sank when I saw the hotel for the first time. The feeling was somewhat tempered by the knowledge that I hadn't booked it, and I'd be able to use its grottiness as a sure fire way of getting free beer from the guy who'd made the choice.

As ever, appearances were deceptive. The interior put me in mind of Adventureland at Disney (without the Pirates. Or overpriced junk food. Or surly French cast members.) It was, of course, lovely. Aside from the 'Being John Malkovich' moment I had when peering out of my room and seeing a door for little people opposite.




I love Prague. I wish I was back there. The next Adventure Abroad will be Barcelona in September. October is hazy - I'm torn between Amsterdam (been there, love it) or Budapest (never been there, looks fascinating.)

My situation has its upsides after all.

Goodnight.