Friday, August 13, 2004

Muh Woman Done Left Me

Tonight is shaping up to be a Good Night. Me and some friends are heading out to Ain't Nothin' But, a blues bar in Soho.

The joy of being the boss is that I get to say "Right chaps, work finishes early today! The Blues is calling me!"

One of the guys is bringing his girlfriend, who is in turn bringing some of her single female friends. This, I suspect, is all part of a ploy to win a bet that I undertook while my friend Beer was being intimate with my liver.

Me: "Thatsh it. No more. Never again. I'm staying single from now on"
He: "No chance. You've not spent more than 3 months 'single' since you were 18"
Me: "True. True..." (vague waving of finger) "...but a man can change. I'm not making that mistake again."
He: "Hmmm. £100 says you do."
Me: "Hah! Easiest £100 I'll ever make!"
He: "Ok. I give you two years. If you've had a serious relationship longer than 6 months in that time I win. If you don't, you win"
Me: "Hah! Done!"

...and so he's been introducing me to eligable bachelorettes ever since like some demented match-maker. Tonight we apparently have a couple of student nurses to meet.

And this, you see, is why The Ex is sadly deluded...