Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Thank Your Lucky Stars



I took the bike out today. I've managed to find an excuse not to ride it ever since EuroDisney and felt I really ought to make my peace.

It rewarded me by dropping the back wheel during a particularly arduous climb up a hill.

As I stopped and looked over the Downs, framed by the blue sky and old buildings (and envied the people who get to have such a view) I felt incredibly alive. Hot, sweaty, but definitely alive.

Why is it that when one is having such a spiritual epiphany, one's bladder always has to pop up and say "Remember that beer you drank after work? Well, I haven't. And remind me - how far are you from the nearest bathroom?"

Another First-born night tonight. Yes, the Toy Story 2 DVD is ready. And a new Noddy book. Yay!

Another long talk with the lawyer: the deal with the consent order is this - it lasts for 28 days. If nothing has happened after 28 days then the house is sold and split 50-50. Its out of mine, and The Ex's hands. Yes, I enjoyed breaking that particular bit of news tonight... ahem.