Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Excitement Reaches Fever Pitch

First-born returns today. I'm collecting them from the airport, not through any altruistic motive but through pure selfishness; I get the first hug earlier than planned.

Unfortunately, I have started having nightmares; had a good one last night. One of those horribly real ones. I'm waiting in the car at the arrivals zone. First-born, The Ex and The Boyfriend appear in the doorway, First-born sees me in the car and runs across the road to say hello. Screech of tyres. First-born is thrown up in the air like some sort of doll.

It took far too long to wake up from that one, and rather than the guilty feelings of yesterday, I was drenched in tears and hyperventilating.

First-born stays over for 2 nights. Tonight she has requested/demanded a trip to the awful tex-mex mentioned in posts passim. This is principally to add another sparkly hat to her collection. I also have to lie to the waitress and pretend it is First-born's birthday in order to ensure that there will be sparkly balloons and what resembles a distress flare stuck in a slice of chocolate cake.