Friday, August 20, 2004

Le Weekend

Ah, the weekend.

Tonight I go out with The Brother. Beer will be consumed, a film will be viewed, and then, with luck, Takeshi's Castle will be watched as an early morning treat with a couple of bottles of good Belgian beer to hand.

And then tomorrow I drive 200 miles to collect First-born from a station in Peterborough at 1308. I can't fully describe how excited I am about this. I have a mental image of her stepping off the train at the platform and running toward me with a huge grin on her face for a big hug.

I hope reality doesn't let me down.

We'll head to my favourite place to stay in all the world (the old converted church), visit my aged grandmother, and on Sunday head for home where a street party is apparently planned.

This is shaping up to be a good weekend. A really good weekend.