Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Doom And Gloom

Tonight I did something I've never done before. Something that I've mocked in others; seen it as a sign of weakness.

I washed the bike.

My last bike was proud of its thick layer of dirt. I'm pretty sure that the dirt was all that was holding it together by the end. This bike, however, deserves better. Its bright yellowness shall not be tarnished by the road, nor will its shiny bits become dull.

Also, I had nothing to do tonight.

I still haven't got to grips with this Single thing yet. For the past 14 years I've pretty much lived in another person's pocket, so to speak. There was always something to do around the house. Some bit of DIY waiting to be done badly. But now there's nothing to do.

A friend said "The wierdest thing will be when you get your own place, and you close the front door for the first time, knowing that you probably won't see or speak to anyone until the following morning". I got a preview of that last week when the house was empty. And she was right.

My solution was to call out for pizza. I can't see that being long term; the delivery boy has horrible breath.

I'm starting to understand why people have pets.

Yeah. I'm down tonight.