Saturday, October 16, 2004

Are You Vodafone-Approved?

While there are few things I apologise for in this hournal, repetition is one of them. Unfortunately, I'm no longer able to view my own journal thanks to the magic red vodafone card. Every other link in that side bar works, except mine which comes up with vodafone's "Adult Content Blocked" page.

Why, I have no idea. So if I repeat myself over the next three weeks, consider this an apology in advance.

(Oh, and while The Lemon's page isn't exactly blocked; Vodafone just refuses to accept it even exists. Make of that what you will, kids. Personally, its a badge I'd wear with pride, Ms. Lemon.)

So, here I am, Day 6 of my incarceration. At least another 15 to go. My friend S is going to bake me a batch of his 'special' chocolate brownies (the landlady doesn't approve of smoking) which, when combined with all the other meds will make the time fly by. Hopefully in a literal sense.

And I'm watching my DVD collection. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I have some DVDs that I bought and never got around to watching. At present, I'm ploughing through Michael Palin's "Around The World In 80 Days" which is causing the travel bug to bite quite hard. Going around the world without using air travel looks immensely exciting (for someone like me, who professes to be well travelled based on the number of anonymous airports and hotels I've seen.) Although the bit where he's plugging across the Strait of Hormuz in a Dhow and finds himself catching a dose of what our German friends call "durchfall". Interesting on a boat where the lavatorial facilities consist of perching oneself over the side of the boat.

"Durchfall" - literally translated means "Fall Through". And who said Germans don't have a sense of humour.