Monday, October 04, 2004

Breaking Rules

Ok, tonight I'm going to break a personal rule. This is "Thou Shalt Not Date Thy Work Colleagues"

Let me explain. Today I'd screwed up the courage to ask the receptionist out. Since she's a Temp, a date would be bending rather than breaking the rule.

So I took a risk, a gamble, and asked N (a fellow member of the permanent army of proles) out for a drink. N fits into the category of women that my anti-cheerleader persona flags as "Out of your league, Newly. Don't even think about it."

N said yes. And so I find myself going to enjoy the company this evening of a woman who is smarter than me, very attractive and possessed of a glorious French accent.

I guess my selection of jokes regarding bodily functions is going to be inappropriate. As is my tediously encyclopaediac knowledge of the last 50 years of space exploration.

We've both come out of long term relationships in the last 6 months. I guess that would be a start. If not, then there's always fart jokes.