Sunday, October 24, 2004

I Don't Think You Meant Us To See That

I sat watching BBC News 24 this morning, picking at half a grapefruit that, according to the label, was Mexican in origin. Eating food that has been transported half way around the world alway makes me vaguely uncomfortable.

But I do like grapefruits.

Anyhow, aside from the usual doom and gloom, there was the compulsory human interest story. This morning, it was about having pharmacists perform more of the duties of the family doctor in order to give patients a better service/save money depending on which side of the political fence you're sitting.

As the talking head of the pharmacist blathered away, my attention was drawn to the bookshelf behind him.

Seeing a book called "Diabetes For Dummies" on the bookshelf of a man wanting to treat patients in place of a 'proper' doctor does not inspire confidence.