Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Daily Mail Says...

Yes, the herbal cookies are doing the trick. All is well with the world, I now walk as though I'd dropped a heavy weight on my foot rather than the "oops, I've filled my pants" gait of earlier this week, and First-born is coming over for the weekend.

However, I'm a little annoyed. I really don't understand why my herbal cookies excite the moral indignation of the establishment so much. They work a damn sight better than the pills, and aren't as addictive either.

I suspect there's a very good reason for it. I've often suspected that politicians were the types who never got invited to any of the 'cool' parties when they were at college and are taking their bitterness out on the rest of us now.

They'd sit and formulate their plan: "First party activist, then local government, then a Member Of Parliament and finally Prime Minister! Then Sarah Snodsworthy-Whittlarse would be sorry for not inviting me to her 21st birthday"

I'll bet the poor guy who missed Tony Blair off the list for his 9th birthday party is ruing his mistake...