Monday, October 18, 2004

Oh So Shallow

The osteopath and I were talking the other day. Well, she was talking, and I was saying the odd word between yelps of pain and "Please Don't Do That Again"s.

She always greets me with a cheery "Right, get your clothes off"

Gotta love that in a woman.

As I was, er, manipulated, she noted the way I'd folded my clothes on the chair. "Tidy, huh?" she remarked.

Me: "I'd never thought about it"
She: "Most guys just dump them in a pile on the floor, with the odd sock or sleeve of shirt hitting the chair on the way down"
Me: "Oh, well, its just an automatic thing I guess. I don't mind about other people, but I like my stuff - well - tidy."
She: "Hmmm... bet you're the same at home too, huh?"
Me: "Well, yes. I'm a demon with the marigolds."
She: "Yessss... ever thought you might be gay?"

There isn't really an answer to that. But there is a point to this story - today I indulged in retail therapy. I have developed a love of clothes shopping, but today I let my gadget fetish run free. I'd intended to buy a digital TV tuner box (mainly to avoid buying a subscription to Sky and indirectly giving money to Rupert Murdoch) and came home with a new hi-fi. Its awfully sparkly. All shiny. And best of all, there's a very bright blue LED on the top that glows in a deeply sexy way.

Tragic really, the wondrous digital radio that is built into it will only be used for listening the re-runs of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue on BBC7 and flicking between Radio 4 and Radio 2 of a morning (depending on who gets more irritating, John Humphreys or Terry Wogan.)

But ooooh it is so awfully sparkly and shiny.