Wednesday, October 20, 2004

A Place In The Sun



My friends, we have a new Project.

A throwawy comment during a chat with a good friend last night got the wheels of the Newly Single brain working. As longtime readers know, I've harboured a desire to build a place of my own; the problem being that to do so in the UK without being either a millionaire or the lucky recipient of that week's moron tax involves building in some godforsaken place. Like The Midlands.

So I'd put the idea on hold and continued looking at local properties into which I could pour The Payoff (when it finally arrives.)

However, I'm quite comfortable in my little house. The rent is lower than a mortgage would be... so... why not buy a place abroad? France or Italy? The money would go a lot further and there'd be no mortgage... I could rent it out in the meantime and if I got too hacked off with modern life I could just up sticks and go. And it would only be a cheap and short flight for First-born.

Maybe its the drugs, but I can't see a flaw in this scheme...