Friday, October 29, 2004

Oh The Tragedy

I never used to be a vain person. Longtime readers will know that until recently, my wardrobe could best be described as 'comfortable'. I would look at young poeple in the pub, buying their first slightly illegal pint of beer and think "I have *pants* that are older than you."

Of course, all this changed when my cousin and his beautiful fiancee took me in hand and spent my hard earned cash in a variety of London clothes emporia. And I've never looked back.

Which is why the weeks of inaction I've endured to date, coupled with the months (6 months is the latest estimate) of inaction that lie ahead is depressing me. You see, through the cycling and then the joining of the gym, I'd made good progress on the physique. Heck, if I wasn't starting to look good.

And now all I can do is sit around and watch hard-fought-for tone melting away. The camera didn't lie.