Friday, October 01, 2004

Oh, The Tragedy Of It All

It would appear that the lovely Samantha is happily married. So any tentative asking-out-for-a-coffee on the part of Newly would be a tad hypocritical.

Tragic. Particularly since I was using this as an excuse to wimp out on asking The Receptionist out for a date.

Last word on the gym; this morning was weights. Everything was set to "Maximum Wuss" and away I went.

Set 1 - hah! I was laughing! Charles Atlas? Pah, a mere weakling.
Set 2 - I AM GOD. See those weights raise and lower as though powered by a mighty machine. Although that machine is starting to get a bit sweaty...
Set 3 - Ok, who upped all the weights while I wasn't looking? The number is the same, but its feeling a lot heavier now, and I'm sure my arms shouldn't be vibrating like that...

So I'm now at work and radiating smugness. My mood is such that the chaps think I've taken some illegal substances on the way in. Its like everything has just clicked into place, and life is good. Know what I mean?

Probably means I'm due to get squashed by a 30 ton truck on my way home, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.