Thursday, September 30, 2004

Only 24 Hours From Dorking

Just over 24 hours to go now.

My request to rename my new accomodation from its slightly dull (and completely inaccurate) "nn High Street" to "Newly's Palace Of Passion" has sadly been turned down by the landlord. I suspect he thinks I'm weird. I suspect he could be right.

Didn't stop him taking my money though.

Its good to do a list like this every now and again:

Things That Are Good Right Now
------------------------------

* I never have to see my parents in-law ever, ever again. No more Sunday lunches poking at grey mystery meat while my father-in-law tracks my alcohol intake with a measuring jug

* In the next 3 months I have trips to Amsterdam, Menorca and Whistler planned

* I WILL be skiing down a mountain, on New Years Day, drinking champagne

* First-born is staying over

* The Ex keeps dropping hints that she'd like to get back together. I keep dropping hints that hell is more likely to freeze over

* The female gender (excepting The Ex and her mother, of course. Judging by the charming women I've met in the last 6 months, I've come to the conclusion that The Ex is an aberration of some sort. I may attempt to sell her to medical science.)

Things That Aren't So Good Right Now
------------------------------------

Nothing! Nowt! Ok, there's the usual "I hate my job" and so forth. But aside from that, nothing.

I suspect that managing to do the full programme on the rower tonight without falling off may have addled my brain somewhat. Normal cynical service will be resumed tomorrow.