Friday, May 28, 2004

Alky-hol

I have a great family. I went out tonight with my father, my aunt, and my uncle (and his wife) and had a great time. Way, way too much beer was drunk, wine was passed around, and scary brandy based cocktails consumed. I had a great time. Even though they've all got at least 25 years on me.

However, the evening, and being back in this room has made me think just how domesticated I've become over 11+ years of marriage. Sharing a house and bathroom with my 18 year-old cousin has rammed it home. Below are the top five examples:

5) I make my bed every morning
4) I clear out all that distressing hair after using the shower
3) There is no junk on the floor of my bedroom
2) Washing-up and kitchen chores belong to me and my marigolds

And the number one example?

1) I always put the toilet seat down afterwards. Even in the restaurant's bathroom.

Dear lord, I think I need help. This cannot be good in the debauchery stakes...