Friday, May 14, 2004

Molten Plastic

Well, there we go. From 80's retro chic, we're bang up to date with 00's style and a very fashionable credit card debt.

I'd forgotten how much I dislike London. Particularly the tourist honeypots. Oxford Street tube station was heaving with rucksack wearing students, all of them standing around gormlessly. And what is it with those matching rucksacks anyway? Is it to assist the muggers in selecting victims?

Of course, as much I dislike London, I also love it. Kind of a love-hate thing going on there. So many theatres and shows to see, and museums and galleries in which to wander about. And clothes shops to visit.

It is done.

One frantic session of late-night shopping later (to the point where John Lewis in Oxford Street kept a till open after closing time) and we have a whole new look. Not one item that was lurking in my wardrobe was spared. Total replacement. I would offer clumsily drawn before and after pictures, but sadly I have no web space. Tragic, eh?

After the shock of the purchase, we retired to the employee's bar at Diageo (how great would it be to work for that company? If you're lucky, some companies have a subsidised canteen. Diageo offers a subsidised bar!) where brain-numbing cocktails were consumed and several pints of Guinness drunk. The inevitable Chinese meal followed.

A good night. A really, really good night. Just a haircut remaining, and I'm ready for some seriously debauched behaviour. Heh.