Sunday, May 23, 2004

Le Return

I think I'm still drunk. So please accept my advance apologies for more than the usual (high) level of typos in this post.

Belgium now has my respect a Good Place To Go. Lovely architecture (at least where I was), charming people, decent food and lethal, lethal beer.

Goodness me, the beer was magnificent. A huge variety, and a different glass style for each brand. I'm particulary impressed with the pink elephants on the Delerium Tremens glass (the bottle of which was interestingly clearly destined for export to the US) although the sheer bonkers nature of the Kwaks beer glass endeared itself to me to the extent that I bought a couple to bring home.

We drank far too much (in fact, somebody was a little poorly in the apartment last night. My brother denies all knowledge, so I chalked it up to another visit of the Vomit Fairy.) We got ourselves involved in a Hen Party. We ate too much red meat and fresh syrupy waffles. We leered and leched with the best of them.

I even managed to get on the plane home without causing an international soap-related incident (I have a vision of a darkened room, somewhere in the Pentagon, where a list of suspicious people is being read: "We call this guy 'Soap Man'. Watch out for him. He may know Kung Fu. Or not.")

Damn, it was fun. And in less than two weeks I'm away to the Isle Of Man TT Races.

Life is Good.